We are pleased to inform about that after our successful registration in the UK and in the United States as well.
The history of
It all started the day after the devastating earthquake. Hundreds of victims flew to the Dominican Republic border for medical help. MONTSE and JORDI began their support in local hospitals taking care of injured Haitians. Later they focused their work on public hospitals in Santo Domingo, where 297 seriously injured were brought. They organized medication, blood transfusions, doctors and nurses and paid for special medical treatment to avoid e.g. further amputations. Furthermore they organized:
- Flights for complex medical treatment to Bogota (COL) and New York (USA);
- Support for Haitian orphans, that had been accommodated in Santo Domingo and were suffering from the serious medical and psychological consequences of the earthquake;
- Continuous support with basic equipment, personal care/hygiene products, clothes, toys etc...
How does work
The 7 of us represent and run H2H under the presidency of Viviana Alvarez. One of our primarily roles is to collect the financial means to implement projects. We live and work in 6 different countries in Europe and America and use modern technology (i.e. SKYPE) to communicate with each other. Most of the board members have already participated in personal missions to Titanyen and Port-au-Prince to transfer goods, financial aid or plan and work on projects.
We are all volunteers and dedicate our time free of charge, which allows a 100% delivery of collected funds to the community.
SINCE FEBRUARY 2011 H2H IS REGISTERED AS A CHARITY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM.
(Ref. UK XT31109 – 14.02.2011)
We are depending on donations to execute our work, which we have received so far through:
- Individual donations in money
- Donations in kind by companies and individuals
- Fundraising by friends
- Participating in Half-Marathons where runners or virtual runners collect donations equal to the starting fees for the race
Since 2010 has implemented the following projects:
- Financing the construction of 3 wooden sheds including payment for materials and salaries to members of the community in collaboration with UN TECHO PARA MI PAIS (6.000 USD)
- Financing the construction of 3 latrines including payment for materials and salaries to members of the community (2.000 USD)
- School fees for 63 children and adolescents from 2010 to 2013 (more than 15.000 USD)
- Set-up electricity connection and provide access to mobile internet (3.800 USD)
- Medical treatment (3.000 USD)
- Donation of 30 computers and 6 laptops to schools
- Organizing household goods, clothes, toys etc. …
- An interest-free loan for one community member to finish his studies in Law (3.250 USD)
- We launched in 2012 a pilot project providing Microcredits1 to families to earn a living by building up small businesses. This project is financed by the board members (5.200 USD)
The targets of in 2013:
In agreement and collaboration with the community, we would like to continue and further extend the running projects. Focus will be on the organization and financing of:
- Humanitarian support to provide food after hurricane SANDY
- Schooling of children and adolescents (we plan to launch sponsorships)
- Construction of latrines and stone huts
- Basic medical examination for children and adolescents
- Extending the microcredits and micro financing to gain economical independence
- Medical emergency support (e.g. an eye operation for a victim from the earthquake)
TO REACH THESE TARGETS
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
Those who survived cannot be forgotten - H2H Team